Monday, January 25, 2010

Grammar focus

  • If+Present Simple+Present Simple (zero conditional)
If you have an important decision to make, it is more difficult.

  • If +Present Simple+will (first conditional)
If the trend continues, this figure will double in the next ten years.

  • If+Past Simple+would (second conditional)
If you wanted to buy a house ,.....you'd be able to.

1 a probable situation in the future (real) (First conditional)
2 a less likely or hypothetical situation (unreal) (Second conditional)
3 a habit or general truth (real) (Zero conditional)

Examples:
1 If I go to excursion, I feel happy.
2 If I cook today, we will have lunch at noon
3 If I went a trip abroad, I would go to Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Your examples are all correct, Aliki, good work! But what does P.S. mean in the rules for the zero and first conditional? I think it's best for you to write the complete name of that tense, just like you did in the rule for the second conditional.

    ReplyDelete